Belviq Lorcaserin weight loss tablets in 2005
In May 2005, the first results of the second phase of Belviq clinical trials were published. Clinical trials “2a” demonstrated that a single dose of Belviq 15mg, taken within 4 weeks:
In June 2005, another stage (“2b”) began and ended in August 2005. All the patients that participated in this research did not received any instruction on how to keep a diet and increase the physical activity, yet they were obliged to quit drinking alcohol.
The results of this clinical research have shown that the daily dose of:
- Belviq 10mg helps to reduce the body weight by 1.8 kg per 12 weeks.
- Belviq 15mg helps to reduce the body weight by 2.7 kg per 12 weeks.
- Belviq 20mg (10mg in the morning and 10mg in afternoon) reduces the body weight by 3.6 kg per 12 weeks.
In more than 5% of patients, participating in the “2b” clinical trial, Belviq (Lorcaserin) caused:
- dry mouth,
- urinary tract infection and fatigue.
In 2005, the molecular formula of Lorcaserin (the active ingredient of Belviq pills) was patented in EU and the USA. The anorexigenic agent Lorcaserin acquired:
- The EU patent number 03 718 323
- The US patent number 6.953.787
According to the Annual CONNECT MIP Ceremony 2005, Lorcaserin was recognized as the Most Innovative New Product!